A legacy of excellence in the production and supply of sewing thread
Some of our products include our locally manufactured Seralon thread (100% polyester all-purpose thread for the industrial and domestic sectors), and Serafil (100% continuous filament polyester thread, suitable for heavy-duty sewing applications in the footwear and industrial sectors).
During the 1980s, we identified the need for embroidery thread in the South African market. In order to provide our customers with the same quality they were accustomed to we started to import MADEIRA embroidery thread. A licensing agreement was signed, giving us sole rights to distribute MADEIRA embroidery thread to the industrial and semi-industrial markets. We are also proud suppliers of a range of embroidery and specialised industrial sewing thread imported from the German AMANN group.
Here’s a glimpse of some of ACA Thread’s milestones and highlights over the years.
- African Consolidated Agencies (Pty) Ltd started by Mr. Herbert Marshing as an import agency
- Thread imported from Ackermann
- Association with AMANN group established
- New industrial sewing thread factory built in Brackenfell, Cape Town
- Investment in filament twisting for the shoe industry
- Dye house commissioned
- Mr. Herbert Marshing retires. His son, Mr. Eckhard Marshing, takes over
- Partnership with Corval (Pty) Ltd, Zimbabwe
- ACA Threads celebrates its 50th anniversary
- Expansion of commission dyeing facilities, sales yarn initiated
- Installation of radio frequency dryer and dye house oven
- Acquisition of A&E – commencement of poly cotton corespun, upgrades to laboratory, additional winding and twisting capacity
- Heat recovery and solar water heating system installed for dye house
- Commencing distribution of Isacord from Germany
- 130kWp photovoltaic solar power system installed